At Swim Dynamics, our courses aim to improve the quality of swim instructors in South Africa and so raise the standards of the industry as a whole.
The founders of Swim Dynamics, Bev Verweij and Dee Barnard, have been facilitating the Level 1 course for over 18 years. The course is aimed at people interested in teaching swimming to children between 3 and 7 years of age.
Through the years we have trained hundreds of candidates and helped many set up their own successful swim schools. Our course material is continually updated to keep up with the latest methods and techniques.
Level 1 Course Content
- Introduction to swimming
- Principles of communication
- What is good teaching?
- Teaching strategies and methods
- Being an effective swimming teacher
- Water safety and hygiene
- Lesson planning
- Water orientation/confidence for beginners
- Stroking for beginners
- Front crawl / back crawl / breaststroke / butterfly
- Introduction to diving
- How to run a successful swim school with good business sense
In order to attend the Level 1 Course:
- You need to be over 18 years of age.
- You must be able to swim 15 meters in deep water.
- You must have a valid CPR certificate before exams can be done.
- If you reside outside SA and wish to attend our courses you may do the practical exam via video and the theory exam is done in the form of an open book exam.
- For candidates wanting to do the full course and not just a workshop, theoretical and practical exams will be held within 6 months after the course completion. The candidates have 6 months to complete their logging and return to do the exams.
- A certificate of attendance is awarded on the last day of the course for candidates attending as a workshop only.